Monday, August 17, 2009

-Review: The Secret Lives of Fortunate Wives by Sarah Strohmeyer


The Secret Lives of Fortunate Wives by Sarah Strohmeyer
Pampered Hunting Hills, Ohio, socialite Marti Denton never realized she was madly in love with John Harding until he impulsively married Claire Stark, a beautiful but socially awkward newspaper reporter to whom a "coming-out" party is a controversy, not a tradition.

It's not until the Hunting Hills wives are plunged into a series of explosive scandals that the two women reach a new understanding of each other and what it means to be a fortunate wife in the twenty-first century.

In The Secret Lives of Fortunate Wives, Sarah Strohmeyer has written a Stepford Wives for our time--funny, wise, and eye-opening. ~summary: banesandnoble.com


Eh. This book wasn't all that I hoped for. I picked it up at my library b/c it reminded me of the TV show Desperate Housewives and, I can't really explain why, but it kinda got on my nerves at times. I think the first half of the book was okay, but by the time I got halfway through I was only reading to get it over with. It is similar to Desperate Housewives, but not nearly as exciting, in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, there are some catchy sub-plots going on here, & some funnies also (i.e. erections lasting long enough to make one lose one's job, lol) but overall...bleh. I think one reason might be that I can't relate so much to these older women (the book was in the fiction section) as much as I can relate to young adult books.


 - Like i said, bleh..

0 comments: