Sunday, August 16, 2009

- Reviews: Beautiful Disaster by Kate Brian / Twilight by Stephanie Meyer

So yay, it's my first real post. Um wellll... this is the first time I've ever done anything like this, so I'ma play it by ear here.

After wasting away in a mental institution for a year and a half, Ariana Osgood is finally back where she belongs. She has a new look, a new name, and a new life -- all thanks to her former friend Briana Leigh Covington.
Now enrolled as a junior at the exclusive Atherton-Pryce boarding school just outside of D.C., Ariana sleeps in Frette sheets, flirts with the captain of the crew team, and gossips with the most beautiful girls on campus. She killed to get back her life of privilege. Just how far will she go to keep it? -summary from back cover
I just finished Beautiful Disaster (Privilege series, book #2) by Kate Brian. I'm addicted to this series! When I first picked it up at the library I thought it would be more Gossip Girl/Summer Boy-ish & I wasn't really interested, just picked it up out of boredom...but I'm seriously addicted now. Highly recommend it if you haven't read it.

The series is about a girl named Ariana, her escape from a mental instituition, & her fight to start a new life without being found out for who she really is. It's not at all the annoying high school-ish book I thought it would be & takes a lot of crazy turns that'll keep you turning the pages. I haven't even read the Private series, I didn't even know they were related (other than same author) until recently, but I feel like I'm following Privilege pretty easily without Private. But from what I hear, you should read the 1st 4 Private books before reading the Privilege books. I can't wait for the 3rd book, Perfect Mistake. I would love to hear from someone else who has read this series, as I'm so obsessed with it, haha :]

-- I seriously couldn't put this down!

------------------------------------------------------------


Twilight is a young adult vampire-romance novel written by author Stephenie Meyer. It was originally published in hardcover in 2005. It is the first book of the Twilight series, and introduces seventeen-year-old Isabella "Bella" Swan who moves from Phoenix, Arizona, to Forks, Washington, and finds her life in danger when she falls in love with a vampire, Edward Cullen. The novel is followed by New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn. -snippet from wikisummaries.org
Ah, Twilight. Now I made the mistake of seeing the movie first, & after hating that, I let the book collect dust on my shelf for a good 6 months before finally making myself read it. & then I regretted letting it sit on my shelf & waiting so long to read it, because I loved it :] I still don't like the movie though! Everyone told me, "you have to read the book to appreciate the movie!" but the movie still just never rubbed me the right way. My mom is bringing the whole series down (from Michigan) for me when I have my baby... from what I hear New Moon is the worst of the four. Any comments on that, anyone?

 - I can't say too much BAD about it, I'm just giving giving it a 4 because there is so much hooplah behind this book. You'd think you would "be changed" after reading it or something, lol. True, it is one of my favorites now, but I honestly dont understand why it's become such a cult thing...

1 comments:

La Coccinelle said...

For me, New Moon wasn't really the worst. I thought they got worse as the series went on, so for me, Breaking Dawn was the worst... by far.

I can see why some people don't like New Moon very much, though. It's kind of light on plot.